Sunday, October 30, 2011

I'm Dreaming of a White Halloween!


Welcome to the wacky weather of Pennsylvania!



For the first time since 1925, we have experienced a snowstorm in Eastern, PA, in OCTOBER. The last time this happened, our area was hit with 2.2 inches of snow. This time: 8 in my back yard. Just in case that wasn't enough to mess up Halloween plans, I would like to present you with 30 hours without power (and counting). Since the power went out at 3:00 pm on October 29, 2011, we have been given the following estimations of the time the power will be restored (in order accordance to the time we called):



  • 10/29 - 7:15 PM

  • 10/30 - 10:00 AM

  • 10/29 - 10:30 PM (for the record, they were right on this one, except it only lasted for about 5 mins.)

  • 10/30 - 3:00 PM

  • 10/30 - 3:00 PM (given at 4:00 PM on 10/30)

  • 10/31 - 3:00 PM

*sigh*



Here I am, just a few blocks from my house, in a hotel that jacked up their prices to take advantage of the town being without power. Did I mention that have two adorable little girls with me who are driving us UP A WALL????


My eldest, wants to play in the snow. You don't have to ask her, she'll tell you. TRUST ME, it's the only thing she can think of. The little one, Ms. Autistic-must-have-everything-just-the-way-it-always-is, is having issues. We are rather impressed at how she is handling things, but she hasn't slept in a LONG TIME.



Diet/Lifestyle news: Right, like there's any way to diet when you can't cook and are freezing, and stressed out the wazoo! Friends, I assure you that we went OUT for breakfast, had peanut butter sandwiches for lunch, and PIZZA with DORITOS for dinner. Oh, and hubs and I decided that the best way to save the ice cream in the freezer would be to eat it as it melts. So... yeah... not looking forward to the scale.



As for the child desperate to play in the snow???? She made a snow pumpkin -- with a little help from mom.





No comments:

Post a Comment