Wednesday, March 2, 2016

The Little Mermaid

Hopefully you know the story...  Teenage mermaid falls in love, gives her voice over to the sea witch in exchange for legs, tries to win the prince's heart, and fails because he loved her for her voice.  It's kinda like the Gift of the Magi.  In the end it all works out when she gets her voice back and he realizes it's her, but for a few painfully awkward days, the poor girl can't communicate properly.



Why do I bring this up?  Exactly 12 days ago, I came down with the FLU.  It started with high fevers for nearly a week, weakened state of mind and body, chills, Fibromyalgia pain, and your typical cold and stomach virus symptoms.  It was quite a doozy and I'm still fighting through it.

The most visible (audible?) symptom that remains is my voice.  Deep and raspy, I sound more like a man than myself.  I talk on the phone for a living and because of it have been given more than my fair share of sympathy and advice for caring for my poor voice.

Honestly, I feel better, I just sound horrible.  I still have a sharp cough from time to time, but my voice has suffered greatly.

I just want my voice back.  I have a blog post completed and pending that I can't publish until I can sing again to add the final touch.  I pulled out my guitar last night and tried to sing... it was painfully awful!  I even spoke to a friend on the phone briefly 2 nights ago and was teased for my off sounding voice.

The good news is that I'm feeling much better.  I wonder how long until my voice returns to its normal state?  I miss singing.




No comments:

Post a Comment