Saturday, March 19, 2016

Me? Day

Welcome to 2016 March Madness!

March Madness is a glorious time of year when fans everywhere prepare to route on their favorite college basketball teams in the the big tournament.  I love college hoops, as does my husband, and as such we enjoy the festivities every year.

Back when I was young, around 16 years old, I loved the game, but did not have a favorite team.  I worked at Dorney Park and Wildwater Kindgom and one night, as the park was closing, I found a hat that had been lost on one of the roller coasters.  As I put it in the lost and found pile, I saw the Kansas Jayhawk on it and picked a team.  Just like that.


For nearly 20 years, Kansas was my pony in the big tournament.... until......

I started grad school at Gonzaga University.  Can a person have 2 favorite teams?  Kansas was always a favorite, but I suddenly found myself a Zag!


What's a girl to do?  I cheer for both of my teams each year, while keeping well wishes for my husband's team, the University of North Carolina (UNC).  A happy husband, makes for a happy home.  

And on goes the tournament.

It is becoming a tradition for my dear husband to visit his father for the first few days of the tournament.  I take a day from work, watch the kids, get them off to school, get them after school, and we all do our thing.  

But... What to do with those precious hours while the kids are in school and hubby is away?  It's ME TIME!  Yep, some much needed MOM time.

I worked from home on Thursday... so my only day was Friday.  Why then, did the ME day have a (?) after the word ME?

First, I got my hair done.  Then, I went to 5 different stores to buy Easter stuff.  FIVE DIFFERENT STORES.  When I came home, I cleaned until the kids got home, then I played with them... helped a neighbor with a problem, painted a shelf, hung the shelf...  I had a friend over, cooked a healthy dinner for us, she left, then I put the kids to bed and collapsed and fell asleep on the sofa while watching some hoops.

It was a ME day.  No doubt.  But I was BUSY!  Really busy.  Next ME day I take, I'm going to RELAX!!!!!  

Ok... time to go make dinner! 

Laters!


No comments:

Post a Comment