Thursday, February 4, 2016

Prayer

Warning:  Religious Post Ahead

Without getting into the particulars that are no one's business but my own... I have been going through quite a bit of emotional stress over the past week or two.  There have been questions in my heart and difficulties on my mind.  Some of these obstacles in my life have driven me to extreme emotions and extreme displays of emotions.  I have found it hard to cope.  I have been scared, sad, crying, shaking, worrying, and simply overwhelmed with emotion.

A few nights ago, I was contemplating singing another song to put on a blog for you all.  I decided I'd do a song that I love and that I think I sing pretty well.  It's Jaci Velasquez "I get on my knees."

This is a song about prayer.

This is a song about falling to your knees and reaching out to God when things are falling apart... or when things are great!  Sometimes, we just need to talk to God and he will fulfill our needs.

Somewhere over the past few weeks I forgot that.

I completely forgot.

When I took the time to pray, some of the stress went away immediately.   I found clarity in some of my confusing circumstances.  I found peace for the journey of it all.  The biggest stress of all had a very swift resolution.

Prayer works.  You just have to keep your faith.

Here are 2 songs about prayer that mean a lot to me.  I'm not singing either one because I kind of bombed out in my recording attempts.  I need to get a good mixer and stop using my cell phone! HA!  Until then, you can enjoy the original artists.








No comments:

Post a Comment