Thursday, February 4, 2016

Sickness

I am sick.

That is to say, I am physically ill.  I am not well.  I am suffering from physical symptoms that leave me a pale, pasty, disgusting mess.  I am sick.

I'm not hungry.  I can't eat.  I'm tired, but I can't sleep.  I'm bored, but I have no ambition to do something productive.  I'm even scowling at my crafting projects.   My mind is preoccupied with concerns in my life.  My heart is troubled.  My mind has given up all hope for rational thought.  I can't seem to get my act together.

All I really WANT to do, is lie in bed, cuddled up with someone handsome (can you guess who that might be?), and just kind of exist for a while.  I want to erase the things that are stressing me out.  I want all of my obligations, worries, concerns, fears, stress, pain, sadness, and confusions to just disappear for a while so that I can simply exist in the NOW.

Don't we all wish for that for at least one moment of our lives?  For the ability to cast away all of our cares, duties, obligations, responsibilities, and just have one day off the record books?  Maybe even one day where there are no rules to follow or consequences for our actions?  Where you could rob a bank and not get arrested or jump off a cliff and not die?

Ok.  I may have watched Groundhog Day recently... is that so bad?  I guess I'm just looking for a day off of life.  Not all life, just my own life.... to eliminate the things that are currently making me both crazy and sick.

Time to go back to the real world now.  Duty calls. Obligations call.  Worries, stresses, illness, pain, and alllllll the other stuff calls.

Hmmm.. this is quite an odd blog today.  Perhaps I need some rest.

Oh, and if you guessed that the "someone handsome" is Johnny Depp, you would be right.  HA!

Laters baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment