Thursday, March 3, 2016

I Heart Leo

I have a confession:  I have an undying love for Leonardo DiCaprio.  Oh, Leo...

I have many actors that I hold in high esteem, but there's something about Leo that just makes me smile.  He has been in a variety of different styles of movies and always entertains.  

So let me just say:  CONGRATS LEO on winning an OSCAR!  He truly deserved it.


Favorite LEO movies in no particular order:

The Great Gatsby:

Leo WAS Gatsby.  He was amazing in this role, Old Sport.  He really did it up well.  Naturally, as an avid reader, I knew the ending of the movie, and it still stung to see the great one fall.  You are class act, Leo.  


The Aviator:

My husband likes to make fun of me when it comes to The Aviator.  It's the story of the life of Howard Hughes.  While he was all about the planes, there was so much more to his life!!  After watching the film, I said, "I didn't realize there would be so much about planes in this movie."  Hubby thinks that is hysterical.  The man was a legend.  He was a film maker and a touch on the crazy side... I guess I just expected a little more about the other parts of his life.  It's still a great film and Leo showed some serious talent in this one.



Catch Me if You Can:

Oh, Leo, you little con-artist.  How can I not love you? 


Finally, TITANIC!

Of course I love Titanic... who doesn't love Titanic?  Leo captured my heart in this and he was brilliant.  Handsome, witty, fun, and a rebel... this movie was GOLD.



My favorite Titanic story is the one that never happened.  When looking for the love theme for this movie, one of my favorite musicians was approached to write a song.  Michael W. Smith wrote the below song for Titanic, but ultimately, it was the Celine Dion song that won out.  When I first heard the MWS song, I fell in love with it and I think it would have been perfect for the film.  I'll let you be the judge.  




Oh, those lyrics.  "If only I could hold you in my arms again..."  *sigh*  

Sorry MWS, but you should have won that contest!  I love the song and your talent.  I know your musical score would have won you awards like mad.  

As for Leo... I respect his talent and he's not bad to look at.  Congrats on the Oscar win... now, My Heart Will Go On.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment