Friday, January 15, 2016

Carb Confessions

Forgive me Diet for I have sinned.  It has been 4 days since my last weigh in.

Yesterday, I realized I was out of Greek yogurt.  I panicked and stopped at Dunkin Donuts for breakfast.  In my fear of starvation, I ate a sausage, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwich with hashbrowns.

For lunch, I paid my penance by eating a dry salad with a small bit of chicken.

By 3:00, I was starving, and so, I ate peanut butter crackers.

For dinner, I attempted to be healthy, but managed to lose my control with a handful of chocolate chips.

Determined to make it a better day today, I cooked up some chicken and rice to bring to work for lunch, forgetting that we were still out of yogurt for breakfast.

I confess!  I was faced with FREE BAGELS in the lunchroom, and dear Diet, I was WEAK!!!!  I ate an entire pumpernickel bagel, toasted, with BUTTER.

Diet, for lunch I ate the healthy chicken and rice I had packed, but now I fear the rest of my day.  I have consumed all the carbs I dare and do not know what dinner will bring.

As I face down a three-day weekend, I know I will be tempted by pasta, pizza, potato chips, and fast food.  Give me strength to face the challenges with wisdom and carrot sticks and help me to remember to pick up yogurt on the way home from work.


No comments:

Post a Comment