Wednesday, January 6, 2016

The Dreaded Diet


Happy 2016!

As I had said before, this blog is kind of a weight loss/health diary.  Now, in the past, I was brutally honest about my ACTUAL weight.  I think if this is a page of TRUTHS, I need to be honest, right?

Ok.  This is gonna hurt.

Date:  1/4/16
Diet Plan:  21 Day Fix
Starting Weight: 266 lbs (OUCH!)

Starting Weight Photos:

Ok, I'm making a goofy face in the weigh in photos.  WHY?  Because my friend and I were goofing around. Don't judge!  I also included a face only shot.  As I continue the journey, I hope to do more shots that show my transformation as I go.





Weigh in frequency:  Every 21 days.  I don't want to weigh in from week to week as I have in the past only to be discouraged by a half pound here or there.

Goal:  I like little goals.  Back in November, I said I wanted to lose 40 pounds by my 40th birthday -- which is Jan. 22.  That's not happening.  So my FIRST realistic goal is for this first 21 days.  Let's say.... 10 pounds in 21 days!

How it works:

This diet plan has a bunch of names, you may have seen it on TV.  Known as the 21 Day Fix, or the Beach Body Diet, Beach Body Revolution, and also Shakeology - which is a little different but goes hand in hand with this diet.  I'm using the 21 Day Fix variation.

So the 21 Fix Diet comes with a  Shakeology cup, for measuring liquids, and several multi colored containers.  Each container is for a different kind of food.  Based on your weight and weight loss goals, the plan determines how  many of each container you can have per day.  You use the containers to measure out your allowed amounts for the day.

Remember that old Richard Simmons Deal a Meal thing from the 90's?  He gave you a wallet full of cards that represented a type of food.  As you ate the food, you moved out the cards.  When you run out of cards, you're done eating for the day.  It's the same basic concept, except, instead of cards, you use containers to make sure your portion sizes are correct.

GREEN containers are for our veggies -- I can have 6 a day of those.  Yay Salad!
PURPLE containers are for fruits.  -- I can have 4 a day
RED containers are for protein -- I can have 6 a day
YELLOW containers are for carbs - I can have 4 a day
BLUE containers are for healthy fats and cheese -- I only get 1 a day. BOOO.  I like cheese.
Tiny ORANGE containers are for salad dressings and seeds -- I only get 1 a day of those.
SPOONS - are teaspoons for stuff like mayo and peanut butter.  -- I can have 6 a day.
Annnnd water?  17 cups a day!! WOW.

They also have workouts to go with the diet plan, but I've got to work up to that. My Fibromyalgia gets mad at me if I work out, so I'm using my Fitbit and trying to increase my walking to start.  I have a Biggest Loser 30 day jump start book that shows how to increase your walking. I'm going to use that to build up my stamina.

So, who wants to join me in a 2016 Life Change?  Send me a comment and we can do this together!








No comments:

Post a Comment